October is National Chiropractic Health Month! It is a month dedicated to educating and engaging the public about the benefits of receiving chiropractic care. We hope that the more you know, the less afraid you will feel about stepping into our clinic. Your comfort is our goal, so we’ve broken down chiropractic care to help better your understanding.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a health-care profession that deals with the spine and joints of the body as well as their connection to the body’s nervous system.
The word ‘chiropractic’ is thought to be derived from the Greek words for “hand” and “done”, leading to the meaning ‘done by hand’.
Chiropractic care uses precise manual adjustments to restore joint function and support to the nervous systems without using medicine or surgery.
Chiropractic is holistic care where providers want to improve a patient’s overall wellness as well as provide preventive healthcare.
What is a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a primary care doctor who specializes in spinal health and general well-being. They provide patients with care for spine-related disorders and other joint issues. Some chiropractors also offer soft tissue therapy, lifestyle recommendations, fitness coaching, and nutritional advice.
Isn’t it just for backaches?
Though back pain may be one of the more common reasons to go to a chiropractic clinic, it isn’t the full extent of their help. Chiropractic care isn’t just for those in chronic pain. Sometimes perfectly healthy people visit clinics for preventive care.
Chiropractic care helps with acute and chronic issues such as headaches, neck pain, sciatica, injuries due to trauma and stress, prenatal discomfort and much more.
Providers work to provide relief to the patient’s bones, muscles, joints, and connective tissue such as cartilage, tendons, and ligaments.
Chiropractic Adjustment: Does it Hurt?
You might think popping or cracking in your body might be painful, but chiropractors are trained professionals who understand the mechanics of the human body. A very specific and controlled force is applied to a joint to restore proper function and mobility. Treatment shouldn’t hurt, though there may be minor soreness as your body acclimates to adjustments.
Most patients report feeling lighter after treatment as though a weight had been removed.
What are some of the benefits of receiving chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic care helps patients improve flexibility, immune functions, range of motion, and overall health.
- No medicine or invasive procedures
Improves organ health
- Spinal adjustments help relieve pressure on the spinal cord which improves the functionality of the body’s nervous system
- Your nervous system is responsible for regulating cellular function and work as a communication line to your organs. Proper alignment will help your organs function at their very best
- Helps reduce muscle tension and inflammation leading to pain relief
- Chiropractors search for the root of your pain, they want to treat not only your discomfort, but the cause of it as well.
- Chiropractic is wellness care, which means not only working to relieve your current discomfort, but also preventing it from returning
- Pain and tension can be the cause of sleepless nights. Chiropractic care can help realign your body and relieve tension, enabling you to achieve a better night’s rest
And much more!
We are confident that you will enjoy the benefits of chiropractic care and we hope we’ve relieved some apprehension towards our practice. Come visit us at Frank E. Kaden, D.C. Chiropractic, Inc. for a consultation: we will work with you to find a treatment plan that is best for you!